Thursday, March 28, 2013

BUSY day!

Today is crazy at the house.  I had a tennis match this morning and when I got back to the house around 11am it was full of people.  This is definitely a good thing!  At one point we had Michael & Jason, tile guys, painters, granite guys, electrician, and window guys all at the same time.
 
  
The cabinet guys are still a no-show.  They have been holding us up for weeks now.  It's very frustrating.  Every time I'm outside rinsing out a pot with the hose I am silently cursing the cabinet guys (I've been trying to work on any type of cussing for Lent but does it count when you do it in your head??).  We can't hook up the kitchen sink until the granite is set and we couldn't template the granite until the cabinet guys set the end panel to the fridge (which they did on Wed. which is why the granite guys are here today doing the template).  But my painters are here today and will be back tomorrow but they can't paint the cabinets until they are installed by my no-show cabinet guys.   ARRGGH!!

On a positive note, my ever faithful plumber, Terry, was here today and it looks like I may be able to take my long anticipated bath in my claw-foot tub!!  woot! woot!


We finally have a surround to our fireplace!  Things are starting to come together!
 The majority of the house is now painted, including the foyer!
 Mudroom is certainly coming together.  Notice the space not painted?  Yep, waiting on the cabinet guys to put in our built-in cubbies.
I got the feeling from my parents that they were sad by all my negative posts about the house.  (think back to rotted wood, rusted-out electrical boxes, leaking doors and showers, etc.)  I tried to explain this is a blog about the "hardships" of renovating as well as the joys.  So the majority of this post has been about the joys.  Here's one negative: ANTS!  Two of the windows the guys replaced today were full of ants.  GROSS!  (sorry mom and dad - love you and LOVE the house but had to put this picture in here)

No comments:

Post a Comment