Friday, March 8, 2013

A smidge of progress...

Well, there's been a smidge of progress this week.  The most exciting thing (for me anyway) is my rustic wall in our new mud room.  These boards came from an oak tree that fell in Jiggy's pasture (our beloved horse that passed away when I was in college) many years ago.  My dad had a guy come out and plane out the boards.  They've been sitting in the basement ever since.  So I had Michael and Jason (our handymen) put them on the wall.  LOVE it!  He made the window sill wide enough for my future herb garden.
 The plumber has been here too.  I thought it would be so easy to move the laundry to a half bath.  Sure, why not?  There's already water lines in the wall...piece of cake!  Well, there's also water lines for the two sinks to the master on the other side in the same wall (which makes limited room for the lines for my washer).  Somehow Terry the Plumber made it work.  Also, moving the laundry involved running a new dryer vent to the outside, widening the doors to the bathroom to fit the washer/dryer, and moving/installing appropriate electrical.  I hope having my mudroom was worth all this effort (and expense!!)
 Michael and Jason also added trim work to the master ceiling.  We are having it painted white but you can get the idea from the picture below.  This is nice because the trim pieces cover up all the dry-wall tape that was peeling at all the seams in the ceiling. 
I thought I'd throw in a picture of our "dining" table.  It's an outdoor table covered with a blanket.  This is where jamey and i have our meals.  the kids sit at the island in the kitchen.  Notice the fireplace with the ripped out marble surround...nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment