Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our first house flip

BEFORE
AFTER:
We bought this house in 2006 when our first baby was just a few weeks old. Our newborn even attended the closing! I remember it being a scary time. Here we were, 1st-time parents, buying a 2nd house to "flip"(something we had never done before). Not to mention the fact that I was no longer working full time as a real estate agent and my husband, Jamey, was in the process of phasing out his landscape business. Were we crazy??!! I think maybe a little bit!

Here I am below with our son. This is how he spent most of his time at the flip house...strapped in his baby Bjorn. He was quite the trooper through the whole process. To me, the kitchen was the best part of this house once we were done. We made it so bright and beautiful. What a transformation. As you are looking at the Before & After pictures below, use the window above the sink as a point of reference. Hard to believe it's the same house!
Kitchen Before

Kitchen After

This picture below was taken from the great room. You can see how we ended up vaulting the great room to make it feel bigger and more modern. That was an expensive undertaking but I think it paid off!!

Here's a picture of the vaulted ceiling during construction. I love this picture because it shows the true extent of what was done to this house. We ripped it down to the studs and built it back up. I love the end result but I remember being a little bit freaked out by how far we went with this house (and by how much $$ we were spending!!)

From the beginning we thought this house really needed more curb appeal to get people in the door. We decided to move the front door to the center of the house and add architectural detail above it. We also made the columns more substantial to give it that craftsman look.

No comments:

Post a Comment